The Junior League of Daytona Beach’s work centers around improving our local communities through effective action and leadership.
Community Focus Areas
Eradicating Poverty – This goal is being met by providing diapers and wipes to the community via our free Diaper Bank. We strive to educate the community raise awareness by working with community partners to assist families in need. So far, we have distributed over 600,000 diapers, and are working to increase our impact on a wider level.
Improving Early Literacy – We hold book drives and distribute free books at our community events, such as Touch-a-Truck, in an attempt to provide reading material for children that might not have books readily available to them.
Current Community Programs
- Diaper Bank: In 2014, we set out to create the only diaper bank in Volusia and Flagler Counties. Our diaper bank’s mission is to provide a consistent supply of diapers and wipes within the local community to promote health and relief to families in need. Contact us if you would like to support this mission by hosting a Diaper Drive, raising funds, or donating diapers.
- Done In A Day: This initiative assists organizations across the county by addressing a need that can be completed in a day. Examples include creating an outdoor classroom for PACE Center for Girls, installing a meditation room at Project WARM, and packaging meals in collaboration with Provision Packs. Contact us if your organization needs Done In A Day support from trained volunteers.
- Touch-A-Truck: This is a free family-friendly event that provides children with hands-on learning opportunities to explore a variety of vehicles and to meet the people that help build, protect, and serve our community! In addition, we use this opportunity to promote early childhood literacy by giving away hundreds of free books to those that attend.
For over 90 years, the Junior League of Daytona Beach has played a major role in designing and establishing a wealth of resources and services for our community. Many of the services that have touched the lives of Volusia and Flagler County residents were conceived, initiated and implemented by our League. The JLDB administers projects for approximately 2 to 10 years, usually turning them over to an existing agency or organization for continued support. Samples of past Junior League of Daytona Beach projects include:
- Project WARM (Women Assisting Recovering Mothers)
- Family Tree House Visitation Center
- Head Start Literacy Event
- Camp Begin Again
- Homeless Assistance/STAR Center
- Community Grant Project
- Junior League POP Academy
- Best Foot Forward
- Junior Leagues’ Kids in the Kitchen
- Spring Fling at Easter Seals
The Junior League of Daytona Beach has collaborated with many community partners including: Volusia County Schools, City Island Library, Healthy Start Coalition, Head Start, Early Learning Coalition, Homeless Assistance Coalition, STAR Center, Domestic Abuse Council, Children’s Home Society, Museum of Arts and Sciences, WARM at the Vince Carter Sanctuary, Hospice Care, Jewish Federation, Halifax Urban Ministries, Family Renew, Great Kids Explorer Club, PACE Center for Girls and the Children’s Advocacy Center.