Learn how the Junior League directly impacts our community: Our outreach programs are designed to provide maximum benefit to our communities through our League volunteers, community partnerships, and financial support.
The Junior League of Daytona Beach supports meaningful projects that offer valuable and significant contributions to our area. The following projects highlight the difference we are currently making in the community:
- Diaper Bank: An initiative that began in 2014, set out to create the only diaper bank in Volusia and Flagler Counties. Our diaper bank’s mission is to provide a consistent supply of diapers and wipes within the local community to promote health and relief to families in need.
- Human Trafficking Awareness: An ongoing education campaign bringing awareness to human trafficking through community-wide events such that bring together the leadership of various local agencies and businesses. Initiatives include partnering with the JL of Greater Orlando and JL of Tampa for a Florida coast to coast awareness campaign, the Little Black Dress Initiative, and providing backpacks with supplies to survivors after they are rescued by local law enforcement.
For over 80 years, the Junior League of Daytona Beach has played a major role in designing and establishing a wealth of resources and services for our community. While the JLDB’s role may no longer be directly visible, many of the services that have touched the lives of Volusia and Flagler County residents were conceived, initiated and implemented by our League. The JLDB administers projects for approximately 2 to 10 years; usually turning them over to an existing agency or organization. Some projects become independent entities. Samples of past Junior League of Daytona Beach projects include:
- Project WARM (Women Assisting Recovering Mothers)
- Family Tree House Visitation Center
- Head Start Literacy Event
- Camp Begin Again
- Homeless Assistance/STAR Center
- Community Grant Project
- Junior League POP Academy
- Best Foot Forward
- Junior Leagues’ Kids in the Kitchen
- Spring Fling at Easterseals
Read more about some of the League’s past projects here.
The Junior League of Daytona Beach has collaborated with many community partners including Volusia County Schools, City Island Library, Healthy Start Coalition, Head Start, Early Learning Coalition, Homeless Assistance Coalition, STAR Center, Domestic Abuse Council, Children’s Home Society, Museum of Arts and Sciences, WARM at the Vince Carter Sanctuary, Hospice Care, Jewish Federation, Halifax Urban Ministries, Family Renew, Great Kids Explorer Club, PACE Center for Girls and the Children’s Advocacy Center.
Our impact is possible because of our hardworking members, generous donors, and loyal community partners. Thank you to all who support our mission.