Over the past 84 years, the Junior League of Daytona Beach has collaborated with many community partners to further our mission and vision. We need community partners and funding, to continue our much-needed work and volunteerism in our community.
The Junior League of Daytona Beach provides trained volunteers and works with numerous Community Partners, to deliver our community projects and Done in a Day events.
Here is a list of some of our Community Partners over the years:
- Children’s Home Society
- City Island Library
- Daytona Beach Police Department
- Domestic Abuse Council
- Early Learning Coalition of Flagler and Volusia
- Easterseals Northeast Central Florida
- Family Renew
- Freedom 7 Human Trafficking Task Force
- Great Kids Explorer Club
- Halifax Urban Ministries
- Head Start
- Homeless Assistance Coalition
- Hospice Care
- Jewish Federation Volusia & Flagler Counties
- Museum of Arts and Sciences
- One Voice for Volusia
- PACE Center for Girls
- SMA Behavioral Health
- STAR Center
- The Children’s Advocacy Center
- The Healthy Start Coalition of Flagler and Volusia Counties
- Volusia County Schools
- Volusia County Sherriff’s Office
- WARM at the Vince Carter Sanctuary
A few current and past JLDB community projects with our Community Partners:
- Junior League of Daytona Beach Thrift Store: This store provides a valuable community service and is a key fundraiser. The Thrift Store collaborates with several local agencies to provide professional work attire for women entering back into the work force. Donations of clothing, shoes, jewelry and household items are accepted during store hours.
- Junior League Against Human Trafficking: An education campaign bringing awareness to human trafficking through community-wide events that bring together leadership of various local agencies and businesses to discuss how to identify victims in our area and what can be done to help end this modern-day slavery. We are a member of the Freedom 7 Human Trafficking Task Force and partner with several agencies such as Volusia County Sheriff’s Office and Daytona Beach Police Department.
- JLDB Diaper Bank: We operate the only diaper bank in Volusia / Flagler Counties. We collect and distribute diapers through select community partnerships.
- Easter Seals Center: The Junior League of Daytona Beach founded the Easter Seals Center for children and adults with disabilities. We served as an Easter Seals partner for more than 30 years. In January 2006, the Junior League Persona Optimal Performance (POP) Academy, an after-school program for children with attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder, opened at the Easter Seals Center.
- Family Tree House Visitation Center: The Junior League of Daytona Beach opened and supported this facility which provides a safe, neutral setting for visits between parents and children separated due to custody issues.
- PACE Center for Girls: Throughout the year the Junior League provides support for the Thanksgiving Luncheon, Done in a Day work project and the Graduation Luncheon.
- Project WARM (Women Assisting Recovering Mothers): A center for the treatment and temporary housing of chemically-dependent women and their children, was initiated and founded by the Junior League of Daytona Beach. It is now run by Stewart Marchman-ACT.
- Past Programs: Some of our past community outreach initiatives include back to school shopping for Title I students, kids holiday food baskets, a community baby shower and birthday party.